- Dentures should be removed at night and placed in water while you sleep.
- Place dentures in Clorox-Calgon Solution overnight, or at least 30 minutes daily.
- After soaking, thoroughly remove all cleanser by light brushing under tap water. Lightly brush dentures with a soft toothbrush. Denture brushes with stiff, coarse bristles can cause wear to the denture materials.
- To prevent breaking dentures, brush denture over a towel or over a basin half-filled with water.
- Massage gums daily with a thumb, finger, or soft toothbrush for five minutes in the morning and five minutes in the evening.
(a low-cost, effective cleanser for dentures)
1 teaspoon Clorox
2 teaspoons Calgon
6 ounces water
- Calgon is a water softener which is available at some grocery stores. Do not use Calgonite (a dishwasher detergent) or Calgon Bath Oil Beads.
- Do not use this solution on dentures that have metal components.
- Do not use this solution on dentures that have a soft lining.
- Soaking dentures in this solution for a minimum of 30 minutes is required to kill most bacteria.
If you have any questions or concerns, call Twin Aspen Dental Center at 303-841-7466. If you have a question or issue after hours, call Dr. Richter’s cell phone at 979-777-7286.